10 Things You Might Not Know About Me
10 Things You Might Not Know About ME
And now you will.. :)
I’m a petite gal, hitting at just 5’1’’ (barely). My sisters and I had a heated debate during the holidays about my height. I’ve always claimed I was 5’2’’ on my best days, you know with a shoe on that gave you that extra height. My sisters were very adamant about calling me out that night after a few glasses of wine. So what did they do? They busted out the measuring tape. I walked proudly to the wall to stand so we could measure myself. We did…..I came in at a whopping 5’1’ (legit scraping by), oh my heart was broken but I sort already knew how tall I was but when my sisters wanted to put my “claiming 5’2’’ to rest. Boy did they scream and holler that they were right. All. Up. In. My. Face. They won. There may or may not be a video of this occurrence.
2. I’m a huge Jason Mraz fan. I’ve seen him approximately 5 times and will see him over and over again. I saw him once by myself because no one wanted to go with me, so I bought myself one ticket. Talk about the best seat in the house, legit first row. Just love his authentic voice and seems like a genuine good human.
3. I lived in NYC for 4 years, Chelsea to be exact. Loved that neighborhood and apartment! This was during my late 20’s, early 30’s time and had some pretty great memories. I wish I still lived there if I didn’t have a 3 year old, I just can’t see myself raising a family there, and those who have well you’re a rockstar. I’m definitely a Texas gal at heart. But I sure do love to visit at often as I can.
4. I hate making plans too far in advance. I’m more of a spontaneous gal. Ready for any adventure.
5. I went to the Art Institute of Dallas and got my degree in Fashion Design. That’s where S.I.C. Couture was technically born and it’s now an online boutique. It’s having a massive sale right now! 75% off! Go check it out.
6. Some of my favorites movies: 10 Things I hate about you (RIP Heath Ledger), Marie Antoinette (love Sophia Coppola), Jane Austen Book Club (it’s on Netflix!!!), Eat, Pray, Love (book was so good!!), Sweet Home Alabama (cause, duh, Reese!), 16 Candles, A Star Is Born…. I mean I could go on…..but I won't . I love a good rom-com movie.
7. My daughter is named after Reese Witherspoon, sort of. My significant other wanted the name Reese really bad. This was not my first choice but it grew on me. And of course, I love it!
8. I am left-handed and my writing sucks! I hate the way I write actually.
9. I used to have talent agent and would go on auditions in the DFW area, got a few print and commercial jobs. I was in theater pretty much all my life until I graduated high school. Us theater kids were cool AF! Shout out to my middle school theater group, we had a pretty rad Aretha Franklin ‘Respect’ act we did at several competitions and won!
10. I have a YouTube channel that I create How To Style videos or any fashion related videos. I love styling clothes and putting together the videos with music. I film with my mom, she is a rockstar! I had no clue how to work adobe premiere pro and learned from youtube tutorials. I can put together a decent video, but no Peter McKinnon. He taught me a lot! And if you aren’t all ready subscribed to my channel, please do! I’d appreciate it! New videos coming soon.