Cutting My Hair and What Products I Use
Cutting My Hair
and what products I use
If you follow me on instagram then you might have seen I cut my hair. I mentioned this was something that I've been wanting to do for the longest time but have backed out EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Rewind to senior year, I cut my hair. It didn't turn out the way I had a expected. My hair is thick so it looked like a mushroom at least that's how I felt it looked like. Some days I had good hair days and some days I didn't. Truth be told, I was traumatized ever since. I also think I didn't actually know how to style it either. So there's that. Since then, I have cut my hair short a few times here and there but really never this short and a long bob at that. Fast forward to now, I cut it because I was ready for a change. I’ve always loved my long hair and still do but was just ready for something different. Maybe it’s the Texas heat this year or maybe I finally feel like I can actually style it and do something with it. Will I go back to long hair? Probably. But for now I’m going to enjoy the heck out of this style now.
I have learned some good tricks along the way theses last several years doing my hair constantly to make it looks presentable when I take pictures. Few things I've learned about my hair and what I use in my hair on a typical day.
- 1st day hair typically won't hold my curls, usually turns into big waves.
- 2nd hair is my best good hair day
- 3rd day hair I'm still getting some good texture
- letting my hair air dry to about 1/2 way (sometimes doesn't always work that way) but less heat the better for me
- round brush VS flat brush - round works best on me
- curling my hair with a wand is better than a straightener
- dry shampoo is my best friend - using at the moment IGK Charcoal, typically use DryBar
- texture spray is my friend - faves at the moment are, MoroccanOil and Ouai Texturizing Hair Spray, also use DryBar Triple Sec
- putting a mask on my hair once a week or every 2 weeks, I use Olaplex
- Oil! I use the MoroccanOil - love it! Makes my hair shiny and soft.
Thanks for stopping by!
xx - Jess